Indulge your taste buds in a burst of Mediterranean flavors with this delish recipe. These meatballs are a perfect blend of ground beef, ground lamb, fragrant herbs, and zesty spices, offering a delightful twist on the classic dish.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a satisfying and flavorful dinner, these Greek-style meatballs are sure to impress both family and friends.
This Lamb and Beef Meatballs recipe will make a great addition to your fertility diet, prenatal meals, and postpartum to make and freeze before the baby comes. Most of the women I work with who are trying to conceive don’t consume enough protein so making and freezing this recipe can provide a way to add more protein to your day.
If you’re in the mood for a taste of the Mediterranean, give this recipe a try.
To freeze: first freeze on a sheet pan in a single layer then transfer to a zip lock bag or silicone stasher bags. You can use a non-toxic parchment paper like the brand If You Care to create a barrier with the plastic bag.
Want more recipes? don’t forget to check out my dedicated recipe page.
Lamb and Beef (Greek-Style) Meatballs Fertility Recipe
- 1 lb beef ground
- 1 lb lamb ground
- 1/2 cups onion sweet, minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp mint fresh, chopped
- 4 tbps parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups almond meal
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then parchment-paper. The aluminum foil will capture excess fat that cooks off the meatballs.
- Place ground meat in a bowl and break up with fingers.
- Mince onion and garlic.
- Chop mint and parsley.
- Add onion, garlic, mint, parsley, oregano, and cumin to bowl with ground meat. Massage until well incorporated.
- Add the egg and almond meal and massage into the meat mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired [1/2 tsp. would be reasonable for this amount of meat].
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon and your palms, form mixture into meatballs and place on baking sheet about 1" apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Recommended serving: fresh cucumber salad with plain Greek yogurt