If you love sweet potatoes as much as we do, then you’ll love this mouthwatering roasted sweet potato pecan salad recipe guaranteed to elevate your taste buds. This nutritious salad features roasted sweet potatoes, vibrant bell peppers, crunchy pecans, and a tangy homemade dressing. It’s a versatile dish that can serve as a hearty lunch, a light dinner, or a satisfying side dish.
Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need to Make It:
For the Salad:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into cubes (about 2 lbs)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup raw pecan halves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to Make It:
Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prepare the ingredients by cutting the sweet potatoes into cubes, dicing the red bell pepper and red onion, chopping the fresh parsley, and measuring the raw pecan halves.
Make – The Salad:
In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until evenly coated. Spread them out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until they are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork but still retain their shape.
Remove the roasted sweet potatoes from the oven and transfer them to a large bowl while still warm. Add the diced red bell pepper, red onion, and chopped parsley. Gently toss to combine all the ingredients.
Make – The Dressing:
In a mason jar, combine the Dijon mustard, minced garlic, maple syrup, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and fresh lemon juice.
Secure the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until all the ingredients are well combined. Adjust the taste according to your preference.
Pour the dressing over the sweet potato salad and add the raw pecan halves. Gently toss everything together until the salad is evenly coated with the dressing.
To serve, place the Warm Sweet Potato Pecan Salad over a bed of fresh arugula for added flavor and texture.
This Warm Sweet Potato Pecan Salad is a delightful medley of flavors and textures, from the roasted sweet potatoes to the crunchy pecans, all tied together with a zesty homemade dressing. It’s a versatile dish that can be served as a satisfying meal or a delightful side.
- Add some crumbled goat cheese or feta for an extra tangy kick.
- Incorporate dried cranberries or raisins for a touch of sweetness.
- For a protein-packed option, top the salad with grilled chicken or tofu.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I make this salad ahead of time?
A: Yes! You can roast the sweet potatoes and prepare the dressing in advance. Assemble the salad just before serving to retain its freshness.
Q: Is this salad suitable for meal prep?
A: Absolutely! This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s a convenient option for quick and nutritious lunches throughout the week.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store any leftover Warm Sweet Potato Pecan Salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, gently warm the salad in the microwave or enjoy it cold. Both ways taste great!
What to Serve with It:
This salad pairs beautifully with grilled chicken or tofu, roasted turkey, or even a juicy steak.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
That’s it for our Sweet Potato Pecan Salad recipe! We hope you enjoy making and savoring this delish salad as much as we do. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on social media using #fuelingfertility. Happy cooking!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes cut into cubes (2 lbs)
- 1 bell pepper red, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cups parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cups pecan halves, raw
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare the ingredients according to the instructions
- Put sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork but are not mushy – about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and while warm put them into a large bowl along with diced peppers, onion, and parsley. Toss to combine.